Little Lucky Kitten

Little Lucky Kitten

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quilt for a friends Granddaughter


A friend of mine from highschool had his first grandchild a year or so ago and I thought it was a perfect time to try to practise a new type of quilting. The first quilt I made was what is sometimes called as a pillowcase quilt since it is constructed in a similar manner as a pillow case. This little quilt was a lot more work than the one I made for my Grandson Luke but it was a lot of fun and not to difficult at all. It was made in the regular quilt method with batting sandwiched between the quilt top and back. I made a scrappy binding for it. It's called a triple rail fence pattern. I didn't use a pattern (this is a big fault of mine!) but read how to do it on the internet :o) This is the first quilt that I ever put binding on and I discovered something....I LOVE binding! Pretty funny ..huh? I did stitch in the ditch quilting, but I have been teaching myself to do free motion quilting which I hope to do on some of my future quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment